Piretta

Monday, February 05, 2007

Visiting Southern Cone in January

  1. I had a great opportunity to visit the Southern part of South America: it was a pleasant trip to my wholly loved Buenos Aires and discovering Uruguay, its capital Montevideo and famous resort called Punta del Este.
    But HEY! Do not get me wrong: I was not on holidays there, I was working! To be more precise: working with regional Kellogg coordinator, my team mate, Sarah and participating in AIESEC Southern Cone National Conference.

    I listed some of the highlights of my stay:
    Summer in BA: last time BA greeted me with cold and windy weather, so this time the summer was all over the Argentine capital. It remained me pretty much the nicest days during Estonian summer: a sun is shining all day long and it gets dark around 22 o´clock. There might be a cooler breeze but some day you feel that the air does not move at all… And you see soo many happy facing walking around in the city with all their stylish summer outfitsJ
    Digging into a culture: although my time in Southern Cone was not so long, I easily adopted to their habits and common behaviors: meaning dining really late hours, going to a party at 2 am, visiting handy craft fairs during weekend; having a famous assado (world famous Argentine BBQ) and even baking empanadas by myself;
    A conference: WOW, it´s incredible to see how different cultures form such a synergy and work together. To understand what I exactly mean by this, you must go and visit Congreso ConoSur by yourself!!!!
    Montevideo: it is smaller and the rhythm of the city is slower than in BA, but for sure it is place to worth visiting! Pretty old town and coastline. Secure and clean as well!!!
    People: I spent time with MARVELLOUS People: Sarah, who was just an excellent host!, trainees in BA, AIESEC members and alumnies in Chile, Uruguay and Argentina. Cannot wait to go back and visit them!!!!!!!!! And wow, once again, stylish and fashionable ppl in the streets of BA and Montevideo!

    I could continue endlessly, but Hey! This is not a purpose of my blog, to make you tired of reading!:)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Cristina said…

    Te falto poner al final LO SIENTO, SOY DIRECTA :D

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger piretta said…

    Jeejejej, mi qurida Cris. Tu nunca vas a olvidar como yo puedo ser directa:P

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Cristina said…

    por cierto, te vi bailando en video de CONOSUR..en un principio no te reconoci, no me acordaba que tenias el cabello super corto jejeje Que pena que no nos veamos en el AXLDS de Mexico :'( pero se que la pasaras muy bien y que disfrutaras mucho ser faci por primera vez de todo el SSGN...cuidate mucho Pepita!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home