1 month in Mexico
It is really hard to put down words about the experience, which has been truly amazing and powerful. However, I try to do it! Although I might not share all experience, cause there are too much to share.
Seeing my beloved team and my beloved friends from all over Latin America: it was such a great feeling to see Araz, Filipe and Sarah again! Working with my team physically is something which is soo much better from a virtual work. I love my team!!! Dalal, Jorge, Maria Belem, Noemi, Aleja, Jimmy, Irina, Erikita, Mario: it was soo nice to see you gain in Mexico!
A Regional conferences and Social Entrepreneurship Drive Meeting: my reason for being in Mexico was these two events. It was INTENSE! Days fulll of work, many emotions, many delegates who always ha new ideas and thoughts to share. Many memerable moments and looking back from June06 to March07: time when I have been in this position. Working with an amazing team as facis. Getting frustrated, sick bc of food, overtire, overexcited. There are soom many things to rembmer! At the end, delegates, our partners and myself were satsified!
Visiting my Mexican friends in Sao Paulo: one of the greatest thing was to see friends from Sao Paulo again in Mexico!The loveliest thing ever: Jesus even did come to pick me p from the airport at 5 am! Thank you soo much: Jesus and Gerardo, for showing the REAL Mexico to me (and helping to memorize all these difficult Mexican names).
Getting to know Mexico City: wow! With its 25 million population, this city is the largest in Latin America! It looks soo much different from SP: most buildings are maximum 5 stories high, so not too many skyscrapers as in my current hometown. The reason for this is pretty simple: as the city has been built in a valley where beforehand used to be a lake and its geographical location is `granted` with many hearthquakes and all this similar stuff.
There is soo much to discover in DF! And I am happy that I had time to do it: the main square Socalo, many and many lovely neighbourhoods such as Roma, Alameda, Coyoacan, Xoxhimilco, Chapultepec, ect,ect.
Celebrating my Bday in Mexico! THANK YOU SO MUCH everybody who remembered this dayJ Even if many of my friends were far away from me, I had you close to my heart during this day!
Actually I was supposed to celebrate it with a party on Friday but unluckyly the car broke down, so having 1 beer was the whole celebration. Still, it was good to be with my friends in DF (Johnna and Jesus).
Thank you Araz and Ahmet for making this day memorable! The boat trip in canals with good company and drinks was awesome!!!
Thank you AEROMEXICO for giving a good plane for our flight back to SP!!!!J
Experiencing an earthquake: 6,1 ritcher scale is not a small eartquake at all! But as it was during a night and I was exhausted, I even did not feel it! Luckyly, no people got killed, only few houses were damaged.
Being sick and not at home: not a good feeling at all!!! But I overcame it:)
Intensive week of work: yes indeed. The best part of these busy weeks is the satisfaction at the end of a week because soo many important things got done!
Living Mexican culture: if you think that Mexicans eat only tacos and burritos, you were wrong!!! There is such a variety of food and dishes to try and they are Good! If you did not know what a part from many and many deserts Mexico has great mountains and coffee, get to know Veracruz.
There are soo many things to explore in Mexico! I for sure will go back!!!!

2 Comments:
At 10:51 AM,
Cristina said…
Amiga feliz cumpleaños atrasado!!! He estado en otro mundo que no me acordé, de verdad lo siento mucho :( Me contaron el chisme que te has engordado, que tienes ya un lindo trasero jajaja tienes que mandarme fotos para ver si es cierto porque no lo puedo creer jejeje
At 7:18 PM,
AIESEC Brasilia (@BS) said…
PIRET, COME TO BRASILIA!!! OUR DISCOVERY DAYS IS GONNA BE THE BEST EVER!!!!
@BS
Post a Comment
<< Home