Flashbacks 2: Madrid- a capital of Spain

- CITY& ITS ATMOSPHERE: This is a city which for sure need more time to get to know its spirit and vibe. You need to take time to spend long night with friends in small bars eating tapas and drinking vino; you need time to get along with Spanish, cause at first place they might seem pretty rude.
There are tons of thing to see: my best memories remain from Edificio Espana and a park in front of it; Palacio Real is just amazing; and diferrent parks.
- PEOPLE: did not expect to see so many immigrants in Madrid. And it is easy to make the difference between Spanish and Latin-Americans: the accent, the appearance are different.
- FOOD&DRINKS: the image of Spanish cuisine for sure has its reason: the food is simple and tasty and wines are the same.
- MY UNEXPECTED STAY: YES!!! It happened twice: Aerolineas Argentinas arrived 10 hours later to Madrid and I needed to spend my night over. Not to mention the fact that I lost my connection to Germany. And YES!!! Aerolineas Argentinas postponed its flight on 11/09 to a next day and I stayed a night over.
- RELIGION: it was interesting to me to see the remaining importance of Catholic Church. At 7 pm you find churches full of people. And do not get me wrong- not the old widow, but also younger people.
- I am pretty sure I’ll be back in this city: flights from Latin-America to Europe are usually through Madrid.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home